Sunday 10 January 2021

Jan 11, 2021 - Korean Drama for the Win. Period.

It's easy to roll your eyes when you hear someone just watched another Korean drama.

'It's a thing'.

'My wife watches it all day. She's addicted.'

To be honest, I went through periods of addiction as well, similar to millions of people (not just women) from Brazil to Taiwan, from Japan to UK. With Netflix, Prime and other platforms just globalizing this content, it's not a surprise that K-drama has such a mammoth reach. From acting, sound track, aesthetics and cinematography to story telling (wait, did I mention - eye candy cast?), Koreans got it right - creating an absolute immersive experience for us 9-6ixers. In fact, you can watch a 2008 K-drama and still enjoy it - imagine watching an Ekta Kapoor series from the same year.

Disclaimer : I rewatched a few episodes of the popular Crash Landing On You (CLOY) yesterday night. Why you ask? Well, their lead actors just confirmed that they are in fact dating. (Personally, I was surprised to know last year that they weren't dating - the chemistry was (very) phenomenal, on and off screen). I was beyond myself when their agencies confirmed that Hyun Bin & Son Yejin have been dating for 8 months - I couldn't believe how happy I was for two people I have never met - such is the gravity of the situation.

SS

No comments:

Post a Comment