Wednesday 17 February 2021

Feb 17, 2021 - Dreaming of Wild Scotland

Everyday, when I have a bowl of cereal or eggs or whatever it is that I eat for breakfast, I switch on my 76" TV, go to YouTube and search for beautiful travel videos - be it of hikes, of aerial footage, cycling, forest hopping (yes it's a thing), camping and the like. I realized, most often than not, I land up dreaming about Scotland, and occasionally about UK. There is a channel that I have to mention that is not related to Scotland/UK - Jonna Jinton's Sweden videos.

But otherwise I always land up watching a video on Scotland. I am so in awe of the cliffs and landscape. It's raw, green with an endless expanse of the ocean - I never tire of watching the waves crashing over stunningly rugged cliffs. Yesterday I came across a channel that I am now hooked on to. Going the Whole Hogg - run by a couple - they seem so calm and seem like lovely people - and this is the video that got me addicted. The editing of the videos is top notch - along with a great choice of background music.

I sometimes ask myself why I write. I like to write, and I want to be able to come back and read my thoughts decades from now. And I want to remember this moment, sitting on my couch and being mesmerized at how beautiful Wild Scotland is.

SS


No comments:

Post a Comment