Thursday 14 January 2021

Jan 14, 2021 - The Questionable Trade off

A whole week just flew by. The realization that I traded 5 days worth of my prime-time hours (of my prime years) to an employer in return for money is a daunting realization. Hours I will never get back; and, - money that I will spend in less time than it takes to decide what shoes to wear. 

I think a lot about this trade off. Is it worth it? Is there a way to make double the amount by putting in half the time? Perhaps creating an online course, creating a product that sells, creating content on YouTube, starting your own business - basically not a 9-6 job. Then why is it that most of us - knowing that a 9-6 job is not the way to make more money with less time - still continue to do it? Only to retire 30 years later and realized life went by? Simple things like liking what you do comes into the picture.

We all sell different things. I sell my time. What do you sell? Have you made the switch to selling something other than your time?

No comments:

Post a Comment