Thursday 14 January 2021

Jan 15, 2021 - Nostalgia

I had a vision today - one where I was sitting with friends in a living room with a huge balcony overlooking the back waters. The weather was gloomy. It was raining - the steady downpour my home town is used to.

Suddenly I realized my eyes watered up. I felt such a strong longing to be actually transported into this vision. Then came a waterfall of thoughts. Lanes, corners, small shops, buildings, cafes, bridges - all from my home town. I know every nook and corner of this city. Which is enough to make me nostalgic. But throw in the gloomy weather and the rain - and I am 15 again.


Would you like to retire where you grew up? Lately, I have been considering it a lot. I'm quite used to the Dubai life so it'll be a hard transition, but the days I am nostalgic, nothing seems to hinder my retirement plan. Would you like to go back home?

SS

No comments:

Post a Comment