Wednesday 6 January 2021

Jan 6, 2021 - Lunching with a Colleague (Friend?)

I've always found it difficult to make friends at work. Also in life. The older I grow, the harder it gets. So I've decided to say yes for meal invitations. I joined this new work place less than a month back and I've already received 2 lunch invitations and 1 dinner invitation (the dinner one was from my boss - so it doesn't count but I want to feel good about myself so I count it in).

I said yes to all. People are generally nice. They want to talk. So I listen. It works. But converting these colleagues to friends is a whole different story. Maybe I shouldn't even try? I'm confused. Making friends at work can be a double-edged sword. Maybe I'll come back and update this space a year from now.

SS

No comments:

Post a Comment