Wednesday 6 January 2021

Jan 7, 2021 - To pay or Not to pay

My place of work has limited parking. If you want to park in the same building - you have to shell out a mighty 1000 Dirhams per month. This is more than most people's starting salary in a developing country.

I can't imagine paying so much. So I walk 10 minutes to park for free. I meet additional traffic for about 20 minutes thanks to this free parking.

This is basically trading 40 minutes (10 minutes morning, 10 minutes evening, 20 minutes extra traffic in the evening) of my daily life or around 15 hours every month for 1000 Dirhams.

Is this a fair trade? For the time being yes - I haven't figured out a better use of my time. I am ignoring some amount of increased fatigue daily. I am anyways fatigued most days. 

I believe when I find something more productive to do with these 15 hours/month - I will pay 1000 Dirhams.

SS

No comments:

Post a Comment