Friday 5 February 2021

Feb 5, 2021 - Fear of Old Age.

I think the old age problem is not small. Nor is it confined to a specific race, gender, country. Who's going to take care of you when you grow old? Who's going to take care of your parents when they get old, now that you have a plush job in a swanky city far away from your parents? I think about this a lot.

If I'm so scared, I can only imagine how paranoid my folks are. And extrapolating this to other families, I'm almost certain this dilemma plays out to its full potential. Old age homes are frowned upon - which is really sad because I feel like they are great solutions. A community of similar folks living together, doing gardening (or that's just the way I picture it?) surrounded by gardens and trees. With nurses, attendants, cleaners and a doctor on call. How can this be bad? 

Maybe the fact that your children do not have the time or space to take care of their parents? Parents want for their kids to do well in life, go to a big city, earn the big bucks but then somehow give all that up and come back to take care of the parents. Or find another solution. Such irony.

SS

No comments:

Post a Comment