Sunday 14 February 2021

Feb 14, 2021 - Valentine's Day in the Nursery

A day before Feb 14, I realized I could no longer hold in the surprise. I told my partner I was getting him a fully paid holiday and his reaction was unexpected. He was the opposite of elated. I immediately told him I had not yet paid for it, that I'll find another gift. I foresee it'll take a few months to search for the perfect gift - so perhaps his birthday?

Subsequently, he told me he's planning on getting me an Apple watch. My initial excitement faded quickly, I realized I did not want any more material things in my life, let alone one that reads time and sends notifications. I told him I'd like plants instead. We drove to the nursery instead of the electronic store.

So, neither of us got what we planned. But I got something I shall cherish forever. A Monstera and a Birds of Paradise. I dare say he likes plants too. So win-win?

SS

No comments:

Post a Comment