Wednesday 20 January 2021

Jan 18, 2021 - Hertzing through the Expressway

As I drove my 2008 Infiniti G 35 (what would be probably my last time) at 120 kmh, I started to hear weird noises. I knew at that moment, it was time to lay her to rest. In car years, she was old.

The next few days saw me frantically searching for cars - thankfully, the second hand market is very mature in Dubai. But I couldn't decide what car to get. I personally love Volvo, but apparently they're expensive to maintain. I really like Infiniti - but they don't come cheap (I wasn't going to buy a pre 2015 model again). I was lost. Still am.

I then shifted my focus to rental cars for the time being, until I decide what to buy. There are so many options - Thrifty, Dollar, Hertz, Europcar, Shift, not to mention all the local franchises. It's really interesting - the pricing game behind rental games. Being in pricing myself, I can understand how hectic, dynamic and tough the behind the scenes must be - all the while maintaining minimum margins. After one hour of research, I decided to go with Hertz.

  • Great customer service
  • Good price (read - free insurance)
  • Zero hassle delivery (read - free delivery) of the car
But I miss the plush leather interiors. A new car will have to wait.

SS

No comments:

Post a Comment